Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Tag time: Five things about Egyptian dust

sharaft ya grey. thanks for dropping in

1) I wish God would drop in sometime in person.

2) Fool and egyptian white cheese (ol' style) with a bit of 3aish balady (traditional egyptian bread) beats the 'continental breakfast' hands down every time.

3) Most interesting conversation I had today was with a bona fide Nubian guy who told me beautiful tales of Egypt's history.

4) Today I bought 5 lemons from a guy who was feigning parkinson's disease symptoms.

5) I think egyptian taxi drivers are the best, where else can you get a mix of humour, politics, religion and fatalism while being driven from a to b?

5 comments:

grey said...

thanks for responding to the tag :)

i totally agree with the Fool and white cheese bit..my mouth is watering already :)

Яαgιи Яαvєи said...

Yeah taxi drivers rock alright. They know everything... Sorta gives you the feeling that they were kicked out of the CIA or something huh.

Egyptian dust said...

i guess driving around cairo over and over gives you some kind of insight...

Egyptian dust said...

just remembered, there's actually a book out in arabic about conversations had with egyptian taxi drivers while being driven around. It's actually quite a funny read if you can get your hands on it.

Яαgιи Яαvєи said...

I sure can write a book of my own on that issue.

Taxi drivers know about politics, football, history, global warming. I bet they even know where Elvis is.

What a waste of human drama.